3-5 Half Days: 9:00-12:00
3-5 Full Days 9:00-3:00
*Flexible extended day options available
About our Threes program
For our children nothing is impossible! We are opening up their world and developing special friendships. Together, we are learning new words and forming new ideas every day. Our lessons are planned along thematic units developed from the interests and ideas of the children.
Potty Training: We understand that each child potty trains at his or her own pace, so our nurturing teachers provide a secure, supportive environment and will help you with the process.
Social Development: We support your child's social development. At our academy children develop the ability to interact with others and increase awareness of themselves and their emotions. Social Emotional skills are an essential component in our classrooms. We want our students to feel comfortable in our school environment and be able to express themselves positively. Through various visuals, children will identify different types of feelings. Role-playing helps students to identify ways to act in different situations with their peers. We learn various coping mechanisms to employ when feeling angry or sad.
Music Program- Music with our wonderful teacher Miss Marlene. Our children love to move & groove with Miss Marlene and her sing-along songs.
ART at Jericho STEM-Young children love the way it feels when they smear paint on paper, how it looks when they sprinkle glitter, and even the soft sound and feel of a brush. Preschoolers aren't self-conscious about what they're doing or focused on creating a finished product. That's why we love letting them be creative each and everyday.
Mathematics: We have been very successful using the Eureka Math program.
Overview: We focus on two areas: (1) developing a good sense of numbers using concrete objects including concepts of correspondence, counting, cardinality, and comparison; (2) describing shapes in their everyday environment. More learning time should be devoted to exploring* and developing the sense of numbers than any other topic. 1. Through their learning in the Counting and Cardinality domain, students:
• develop a sense of numbers and count to determine the number of objects;
• understand that number words refer to quantity;
• use 1:1 correspondence to solve problems by matching sets and comparing number amounts and in counting objects to 10 through a variety of experiences;
• understand that the last number name said tells the number of objects counted (cardinality) and they count to determine number amounts and compare quantities (using language such as more than, fewer than, or equal to (the same as) the number of objects in another group).
2. Through their learning in the Geometry and Measurement and Data domains, students: • describe the position of objects in space based on the relations of those objects (e.g., shape and special relations) using appropriate vocabulary;
• identify and name basic two-dimensional shapes, such as triangles, rectangles, squares, and circles;
• use basic shapes and spatial reasoning to model objects in their everyday environment.
Handwriting Without Tears
This program uses multisensory activities and manipulatives which appeal to all learning styles and provide a hands-on approach to handwriting.
SCIENCE & ENGINEERING
Young children love to explore and figure out how things work. We inspire the children to use their natural curiosity to think like engineers and scientists which is why STEM activities for preschoolers is a great way to stretch their thinking skills.
Teaching children how to think creatively and learning to be problem solvers is how we can prepare our children for the future. No matter what unknown technologies, industries or careers lay ahead, creative problem solvers will be the innovators in their fields.
When we say children are “born scientists,” we’re not just being cute. Children really are intentionally exploring their environments.
3 Days (Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday): 9:00-12:00
4 Days (Monday-Thursday): 9:00-12:00
5 Days (Monday-Friday): 9:00-12:00
Full Day 9-3
*Flexible extended day options available